Sunday 6 July 2014

Work Experience!

Over the past week Jack Steele and Emily Rance from the North Kesteven School have been shadowing and assisting our Community Dance Artist Holly Arnold.
Here is a summary of what they have been up to and what they have enjoyed:
The past week I have spent on work experience at artsNK. I have really enjoyed my time and I am now 100% sure that I am going to pursue a career in dance. I have really enjoyed interacting with the children and giving them some inspiration to dance. Seeing them smile is an amazing feeling. Holly and the team have really opened my eyes to the working world and made me realise that it is tiring. However, if you’re doing a job you love then it’s worth every single second of your time.
Jack Steele, North Kesteven School Year 10.
This week I have been assisting Holly teach different classes. Most have been in different Primary Schools but I have also helped with the youth groups. We have travelled to a lot of different places over Lincolnshire, some quite far away. I have liked it because I now know what it is like to teach different people in different places everyday and how challenging it is. It has also been fun helping the younger people when they have been set small tasks because I enjoy talking to them and finding out why they like dancing.
Emily Rance, North Kesteven School Year 10.
This week I have had the pleasure of Jack and Emily assisting me every day. They have both showed a great level on interest and enthusiasm towards the job. They have also been willing to help and get involved in a variety of different situations throughout the week. I don’t think they realised just how much we do on a day to day basis, however I believe it has been a good and beneficial eye opener for the both of them. They have been great assistance and I wish them all the luck and best wishes for their own personal journeys into their career paths.
Holly Arnold, Community Dance Artist at artsNK

No comments:

Post a Comment